This was a guest submission to the site from Guying Around supporter @sydney_arthur who visited Puerto Rico in the summer. You can check out her Instagram page to see her posts and pictures from her time in Puerto Rico. Check out this wonderful 5 day itinerary she put together.
- Fly into the San Juan Airport
- Look to stay in an Air BnB in Old San Juan
- Explore Old San Juan by foot
- Depending on the time that you arrive, you can also visit Condado Beach
- Join the Casa Bacardi tour to see how they distill their products, which can take a few hours
- Visit Playa Escondida beach which is not as crowded as the more popular Luquillo Beach
- If you do plan to visit Luquillo, prepare for bigger crowds
- Breakfast at the Choco Bar is highly recommended
- Charter a mini boat excursion where you can swim, kayak and snorkel
- Look to visit Icaco Island
- Look to visit Isla Palomino
- If you have time and energy, visit Bio Bay at night for a special treat. There are multiple Bioluminescent Bays in Puerto Rico.
- Visit Isla Verde Beach in the morning
- Rent Jet Skies at Isla Verde Beach but beware of the prices, compare multiple places
- In the afternoon, visit Yunque
- It is recommended to go to the Observation point to see the hidden waterfalls
- Bring Hiking and Swimming Gear
- Culebra All Day Excursion
- All Day event, bring cash to enjoy on your last day
- Fly out of San Juan Airport back home relaxed and refreshed
Must Visit Beaches
- Flamenco Beach
- Playa Escondida
- Isla Verde
- Vaua Talega
- Ubers are NOT available at the airport but are available everywhere else
- You should try to find a friendly Uber Driver that will be your personal driver during your time in Puerto Rico. I paid 100 dollars a day.
- Renting a Car is challenging because of limited parking everywhere you visit
- Visit Gozolandia Falls
- Waterfall Jumping
- Visit Toro Verde Adventure Park
Enjoy your time in Puerto Rico and please comment below if you have already visited and have any other tips.